Monday, February 21, 2011

Polish vodka label

When I added the label to this bottle, it became clear pretty quick that it wasn't going to work. It looked too botched and didn't stand out at all. Instead of running towards this bottle to buy it...I'd probably be running away from it! The opacity of the red on the label was way too low and it was impossible to read the writing. I added two purple tone stripes to see if it could make it more modern looking but it didn't work. The clear bottle also seemed boring and typical, so I decided to develop my design even more.
At last I came up with a design that I personally think works. The previous bottle seemed too flat so I used the pen tool in Photoshop to draw around a Smirnoff bottle and create my own shape in illustrator. I turned the bottle black to make the liquid inside seem more magical as you couldn't see it. I minimized the colour red in the overall design and added black scores in the cork to break up the block of colour. I also used the original image colour instead of turning down the opacity and I think it stands out alot more. I used white to make the name stand out and also to make the Polish sign contrast better with the black.

I didnt want the box to give away too much of what the bottle was like inside but it still contains some major traits to match the product. I ran with the same colour theme, and added some red scores to the top of the box just like on the cork of the bottle. I felt it made the packaging seem more modern. Again I used white for the name and sign as it stood out the best against the black. I would like to think if this were a real product that when people spotted the heraldic sign anywhere, they would immediately know it was advertising this vodka brand.


I am happy with the way my Polish vodka has turned out, I think it looks modern with a magical twist. I do believe it would appeal to a young audience and give them the powers they desire! :-)






















No comments:

Post a Comment